Posted by Abby on 3:39 PM

I'm having a really hard time finding any free time to devote to creating jewelry. Which is odd, considering how much time I spend blogging and promoting...but any way...what with Christmas shopping and wrapping presents and planning Cookie Palooza 2008, Simply Charming has, unseemingly, taken a back seat.

I do have some gifts I'm planning on creating in the next week or so, but I feel like my etsy shop is suffering because of my busyness. I have SO many big plans, but haven't had the chance (or the money) to bring them into fruition just yet.


As it is, right now, my main focus is not being out-gifted by my husband this year. This will be our 7th Christmas together, and the first one that we've actively tried to keep each other's gifts a secret. In years previous, we either bought something collectively, for the greater good, or we couldn't keep the secret long enough, and "Christmas" was over by mid-month. This year, we're really trying to keep the presents we'll be exchanging "under wraps" (ha ha ha...ok, bad pun, sorry) so that we can surprise one another Christmas morning. Naturally, it was my idea...

...and naturally, my husband is flaunting his "brilliant plan" in my face, which makes me nervous. I'm the person who gives the great gifts---be prepared to cry, people, because it's my ultimate goal when I choose a gift for someone. I want it to be so special, that YOU cry. :) I'm evil.

At any rate, Brian seems to think he's picked the PERFECT gift for me, and I can't seem to think of anything to get for him. I don't think he'd benefit much from a pair of Simply Charming earrings.

So for now, I'll finish my Christmas shopping, bake my Christmas cookies, and dream wistfully of the day when I'll be able to sit down and make jewelry again. Hopefully, it'll come soon!

3 comments:

Lenox Knits said...

I know what you mean about your poor shop. Mine is feeling so naked right now. It's definitely time to get it stocked up. Good luck with your gift for you husband. We tend to make everything a competition so it is hard to always beat his gift but I usually manage.

Msplumuniq said...

I know what you mean too. I have mine stocked, but still have plenty left to put on! I feel like Christmas is rushing at me like a train! I still have cookies to bake with my soon to be 9 year old daughter and a party to do for her, so always business abounds!

MySweetThree said...

Thank you for your comments on my blog! Moving has been hard, let me tell you....You made me laugh! You totally need to give him some earrings from your shop. He would never expect it, right? hee hee.. No worries about your shop..as I am in the same boat. My shop is for sure taking a back seat..and probably won't take anymore of a priority until after the new year..but, hey, what can we do? but I hope you find the perfect gift for your hubby...good luck!!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs