Posted by Abby on 3:21 PM

Another year, another Christmas, and another Cookie Palooza!! I finished my Christmas baking in ONE day. That's right....ONE! The menu this year: Chocolate and Peanut Butter Buckeyes, Christmas Cutouts with Lemon Icing, White Chocolate and Cranberry Drop Cookies, and Butter and Raspberry Jam Thumbprint Cookies.

As Rachel Ray would say....YUM-O!

My Christmas Cutouts turned out really great this year--they're colorful and festive, and just a little bit silly...



I may be artistic when it comes to beads, gemstones and wire, but when it comes to drawing....with a pencil or with lemon icing....I'm just not that great. LOL...but I think when they're silly like this, people get a kick out of them a little more than if they were perfect and frou frou. Every year I pick one cookie out of the batch that is my absolutely favorite...some years it's the Santa who's beard turned out just right, or a snowman who's nose is the perfect carrot shape. This year, my Favorite Cookie Award goes to...

Santa's Little Helper!! LOL...this particular cookie cutter is meant to be Santa's face, but I already had a ton like it, so I decided to make an elf. His nose is...well...fantastic, in my opinion, and his lopsided grin makes him loveable!

As usual, for me, the star of the show is the jam thumbprints. They are absolutely my FAVORITE cookie, they're just about impossible to mess up, and they always look fantastic:


And honestly, they taste even better. I look forward to these every year! They're a little time consuming, but so worth the effort!! And so, as my Christmas gift to my blog readers, I'm giving you my favorite cookie recipe, all wrapped up with a bow!




Butter and Jam Thumbprints:
1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp fine salt
¾ cups unsalted butter (1 ½ sticks) softened
2/3 cup sugar, plus more for rolling
1 large egg
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup raspberry, cherry or strawberry jam

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
In another bowl, whip the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in the egg and vanilla until just combined. Slowly beat in dry ingredients in two additions, mixing just until incorporated.

Scoop the dough into 1-inch balls with a cookie scoop and roll in sugar. Place about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Press a thumbprint into the center of each ball, about ½ inch deep. Fill each indentation with about ¾ tsp of jam.


Bake cookies until the edges are golden, about 15 minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheets. Serve.


I'm totally going to copy Paula Deen right now and sign off by saying...ahem...with love, from my Cookie Palooza to yours, from,



4 comments:

MySweetThree said...

You would be rolling all over the floor if you saw the sugar cookies I made yesterday with my daughter. They taste good, if that is any consolation to myself, but they are the most hideous cookies I have ever seen. Yes. And I made them...what an honor.

=)

MySweetThree said...

No, I will not take a picture. No one will see these cookies. Not a single cookie will leave the house...I will destroy any camera that comes in any near range of them....lol

Really, though...ha ha ha, they are THAT bad. If I had done fistfuls of cookie dough, they would have looked better... =)

Merry Christmas to you, too!

Crystal Raen said...

Mmmmm, cookies! I love baking. Not that great at it tho. LOL.

Thanks for the compliment on my treasury. I like doing them b/c you can play around with them the entire time they are up on the list, so if it isn't perfect, it doesn't matter, you can keep changing it around! My first few weren't the greatest :-) It just takes a lil practice!

Duni said...

I love thumbprint cookies! Yummy!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs