Posted by Abby on 10:49 PM

Let me preface this blog by saying that I've had a long, frustrating day, so this is probably going to sound a bit....testy....

I've never taken any classes in HTML, but I take pride in having taught myself enough basic code to be able to take care of "business." I spent ALL day working on this blog, trying to create my own template. ALL DAY. I can't even tell you how overwhelming it all is to someone who's new to blogger, and new to templates in general. I mean, I know enough code to create small little tables and graphs and things like that, but for some reason, the templates provided by blogger to get started don't seem to have the strands of code I was looking for...

And don't even get me STARTED on the whole banner thing. Holy freakin' cow. I don't know about you, but when something promises to hide the blog name and description with the banner I created on photoshop, I sort of expect it to do just that.



I just want a sweet, simple blog. Nothing flashy, nothing crazy, but something that says "Simply Charming." I want it to reflect my personality, and what I feel like my etsy shop stands for, and I just don't think any of the standard templates say that. I've scoured the internet for hours looking for a template that works for me, and I just can't find anything. They're all too....something. Teeny-bopperish. Loud. Complicated. I'm a simple girl. Hence the name "Simply Charming." I just want a basic 2-column template, with a little southern charm thrown in. I've got backgrounds picked out and banners made, but I just can't figure out how to put tab A into slot B.



And with my entire day WASTED on the whole template thing, I had a fairly large custom order for Christmas gifts for my cousin-in-law looming over my head!! Finally, at about 6 pm, I threw in the blogger towel and got to work on what I'm really good at----jewelry design.



FINALLY!

Per Danielle's request, I worked up some special gifts for some special loved ones, all of which I'm particularly proud of. As they are gifts for potential readers (I don't think any of them know about this blog in particular, but, ya know, just in case) I won't be putting up any pictures of my work just yet. But I will end this blog with what I feel is a fair representation of me, now that my pointless day of HTML Hell is over....





2 comments:

Duni said...

Hi there!
Yes, I've noticed you've been experimenting with your blog ☺
Is this your final look?
btw, I love pink...

Duni said...

me again!

have you seen:

http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/gifs.php

maybe you'll find your dream template. have a great Sunday!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs