Posted by Abby on 12:48 PM

Holy cow, it feels like it's been forever since I last posted here, and even longer since I found some free time to make jewelry!! I seem to have one of those holiday hangovers....not the kind that leaves you dehydrated and headachy, but the kind that leaves you blue and wistful.



I'm really excited about making some changes to my etsy shop in the next few weeks, though. I found myself wandering through Michael's for the first time in about 3 weeks yesterday, and I picked up a few beautiful things to start my next project:






It's not that I'm bored with jewelry making--on the contrary, I'm loving it more now that I did when I first got started. But I feel like the jewelry market on Etsy is over-saturated, which is lending to NO SALES for Simply Charming in SC. So I'm working on diversifying my shop. I really want to be able to offer something unique for those who happen upon my etsy site! I've got a few little lose ends to tie up, some pictures to take, and I'll hopefully have them listed by the end of the week. Fingers crossed that the weather holds out and that I'll be able to take advantage of the South Carolina sunshine to take some pictures!!

In the meantime, I've been preoccupied with a lot of other stuff going on in my life--major life changes going on in the Chamberlain household. You'll know what I'm speaking about if you read my other blog, The (gradually) Shrinking Violet. But I'm not giving up on my crafty side, yet!!

So, stay tuned for big news coming up for Simply Charming in SC...I hope to have it posted and public, too! Until then, happy crafting, friends!


5 comments:

Rose Works Jewelry said...

Have you thought about trying selling in a less saturated venue? I've started doing some research into that because I agree - etsy is pretty saturated! Check out my blog for more info:

www.roseworksjewelry.blogspot.com

Rose Works Jewelry said...

Thanks for the compliments on my blog - and I'm glad I can inspire you to research :) That's my goal!

MySweetThree said...

I look forward to hearing about the changes to your store..that seems to be the constant complaint from what I gather in the forums, about the over-saturation with the jewelry..But I think your work is just lovely, so I am glad to hear that you will keep at it!
And I will have to go peek at your other blog one of these days...It is time to shut the computer down though, and enjoy my family! But...I will be back! =)

KAT said...

I just signed up with Artfire, and am happy with that.... Try the link on my blog to see what it is all about....not as busy as Etsy.

Also, I have left you 2 awards on my blog http://candlesandcrafts.blogspot.com feel free to come on over and claim them if you want!

Take care,
Kat

Duni said...

Can't wait to see your creations with those lovely blues and greens!
Yeah, I heard Etsy was over-saturated. That's why I never started there in the first place. As Kat suggested, try Artfire or 1000markets.
Good Luck!!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs