Posted by Abby on 10:06 AM

Happy February, bloggers! It's looking to be a good month for us here in the Chamberlain household!! I'm hoping things will be a bit better for our families in the upcoming month--that the job market will pick up so my Dad and brother can find jobs; that hubby knocks his tests coming up in the next week or two out of the ballpark; that my new shop at ArtFire, as well as my existing shop on Etsy, start to pick up and I start making some SALES!!!!

I wanted to say thanks to everyone who posted so much love on my last couple of blogs--I've been TERRIBLE about returning comments!! I'm so sorry about that!!! I have a few reasons why both my blogs haven't been updated everyday like usual---more on that momentarily.

In the last couple of days I've been given some fantastic awards I'd like to share with you!! The first was awarded by my dear friend Kat from Candles, Crafts, and Whatnot. Kat has been so wonderfully kind and supportive of Simply Charming in SC since it's beginning, and I can't begin to thank her enough for this lovely Marie Antoinette award!




How pretty is that??? Thank you so much, Kat! As there don't appear to be any rules that accompany this award, I'll be passing it along to anyone who needs a pick-me-up today!! After all, it was Marie Antoinette who said, "Let them eat cake!" And since I can't have any cake, I'll have a Marie Antoinette award instead!!! :)




The other award I wanted to share with you today comes from my new best pal, Diana, who most recently rocked our socks with Simply's new banner and button combo!! While most of you may know her from Custom Blog Designs, she also has a personal blog called Diana Rambles, and that's where this award was posted. Thanks Diana!!! This award is called the "Life is Grand" award...
Darlin'!!! This award comes with some fun rules: List 5 reasons why you think life is "grand" and pass along the happiness to five fellow bloggers!!!!! I think my life is grand because:

1. I have been so blessed in love with my wonderful husband, Brian, who is my perfect fit in every way.
2. I have wonderful parents who aren't just my family but my very best friends.
3. I have four silly cats who make my life bright and happy!
4. I've found a new hobby that I adore and that brings me much pleasure (blogging!)
5. I have the type of job security that many would kill for, and I'm grateful for it every single day!

Five of my favorite bloggers who will receive this award from me today!:
Sharla from Beaded Tail
Kat from Candles, Crafts and Whatnot
Crystal Raen from Crystal Raen's Bloggy Things
Duni from Lovely Purses
Kristin from My Art and the Mom in Me

Yay! I can't wait to find out what makes your lives grand, ladies!!! :) Happy posting!

As far as the news I mentioned: I've not been feeling too well lately. I have some health concerns I'd rather not get into just yet, as I don't have all the available facts, but I've been spending a lot of time just resting. Hence why I haven't been keeping up with my blogs very well, particularly my weight-loss blog, The (Gradually) Shrinking Violet. Weight loss has sort of taken a back seat right now. Things seem to be looking up a bit this morning, so I'm hopeful. I may be going to see my doctor sometime this week, just to confirm that everything is A-OK! So, more news later!! For now, if I go MIA, you'll know why. No need to worry about me, I'm fine--just a little under the weather. :)

So, until next time, happy February everyone! Hugs, from,


Photobucket

6 comments:

Duni said...

Abby - you are the best ever!!! Thank you for sending me some happiness. I truly appreciate it. And I will get round to posting my 'grand' things as soon as I'm 100% fit again. Speaking of which...please go see a doctor, if you're not well. Look what happened to me..I didn't even realize I was so sick until it was too late.
Hope it's nothing serious, though.

take care, Abby

Duni

ps - love the new button!

Crystal Raen said...

Thanks so much for the award :D

Oh and about the entrecard dropper thing, I just copy and pasted it from Entrecard Statistics and it just happened to pull the links and everything with it. Blogger is too smart for its own good, but heck yeah it made that way easier!

I love your new banner and button btw, meant to comment about it earlier, but got busy and forgot (so sorry!)

And PLEASE get well soon! And visit your doc! I have a friend who had some problems and she just kept ignoring them and now she is having several exploratory surgeries done b/c whatever is wrong has had free reign for several months. Please take care of yourself!

BeadedTail said...

Congratulations on your awards and thank you for thinking of me!

I hope you get to feeling better soon. Take care of yourself!

MySweetThree said...

Abby, Thank you so much for the award! I love your life is grand list...and I hope both of your shops take off for you.

I am sorry to hear about some health concerns that you may be facing. I hope you get the rest you need and even though we just know each other in bloggy land...if there is anything you need...you let me know!

((hugs))

Lenox Knits said...

I hope your feeling better soon and congrats on all your awards. It sounds like you are keeping a positive attitude which is usually half the battle.

Jo Hoffacker said...

Congratz on the artfire shop! Looking good.

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs