Posted by Abby on 10:00 AM

Happy Friday, gang!! I thought I'd post up a quick update--I know last time I blogged I let you all in on the fact that I'm having some health issues. I didn't go into much detail on this blog, since it's meant to be all about crafting and my life as a jewelry designer. For those who might be interested in a more detailed description of what's going on in my personal life, you might check out my other blog, The (Gradually) Shrinking Violet...if you haven't already. :) At any rate--the meds I was prescribed seem to be doing what they're supposed to, so I'm hoping to make a full recover soon.

In other news...I FINALLY got tagged!!! LOL...I've been reading all these wonderful personal posts that my blogosphere friends have been posted, and secretly hoping someone would tag me, and it finally happened!! I'm sort of ridiculously addicted to surveys, questionaires, and such things, so this is a fun thing for me. Anyway, thanks to Mollie from Mu-Yin Jewelry! Mollie creates the most BEAUTIFUL jewelry, ever...click HERE to visit her etsy shop!



Ok gang, here we go. Here are 7 random facts about ME!:
1.) I have a WEIRD job. Truly...I am an onsite business manager for a self-storage facility. Which means hubby and I actually live on the facility and are responsible for upkeep, groundskeeping, and security as well as all the legal and monetary ins-and-outs of the business. My house is actually inside one of the storage buildings. It's really weird, but it pays the bills, and we live here rent and utilitles free--which in this economy, is a wonderful thing!!!


2.) I secretly think of myself as an at-home Rachael Ray. I get a little too excited when it comes to chopping garlic or veggies with my chef's knife, and I'm never too afraid to try a new recipe. It took me a couple of years, but I consider myself a foodie now.



3.) I have the personal opinion that most music released since 1999 is crap (with a few exceptions.) I have a very eclectic taste in music and listen to things most people don't. A few of my favorite artists are Edwin McCain, Keb' Mo, and the Monkees.



4.) I am a HUGE football fan. My husband and I are mega-Carolina Panthers fans. We get strange looks on gamedays if we go out, because we're always sporting our matching jerseys. We never miss a game, whether it's on TV or in Charlotte, and I'm one of a handful of wives who actually follows team news year-round. In fact, it's not uncommon for me to inform my husband of things relating to our team before he's had the chance to find them out for himself!



5.) My top 5 favorite movies of all time are: Stardust, Hairspray (the new one, with Nicki Blonski), Secondhand Lions, Clerks and Big Fish. (This list is ALWAYS subject to change!)



6.) Don't ask me what my favorite color is, because I truly don't have an answer. It changes depending on my mood. Today, I'm feeling like apple green is my favorite. Tomorrow, it could be sunshine yellow, or hot pink.



7.) I am an absolutey Harry Potter freak. I often quote Albus Dumbledore, and I've read the series so many times, I've lost count. In fact, I'm re-reading it again now, in preparation for the upcoming movie coming out this summer!



Yay! That's me in a nutshell. Here are the folks I'm tagging:


My Art and the Mom in Me
Crystal Raen's Bloggy Things
Beaded Tail
Diana Rambles
Candles, Crafts and Whatnot
Thousand Word Balance


That was fun. :) Feel free to join in the fun, ladies, if you'd like!! Until next time, from,

Photobucket

4 comments:

MySweetThree said...

Hey! You tagged me! Woo Hoo!!
I will try to get to it this weekend...ooh, Abby..we have a busy weekend..it is our last weekend here before we travel to NC for 3 weeks (Hubby has job training there, and it was REALLY hard on the girls to be without him for his last 2 week trip, so we decided we are going with him, on this trip, which is a 3 week trip) And we are roadtripping it. We leave Valentines day! Yikes. Did I really need to go into all of that? ha ha...apparently!

Can I say that I love that you live in a storage building? Ha ha..you should see what I have pictured in my head, which I am sure it is NOTHING like!

I could go on and on about your random list...but I better stop, otherwise I think this comment would classify as a blog post!!! hee hee..
Have a super weekend!
Kristin =)

MySweetThree said...

OMG! That was sooo long! ha ha ha

BeadedTail said...

I enjoyed reading the facts about you! I got a little nervous seeing my name as one being tagged since I'm not near as interesting but I'll think of something and post it in the near future! Thanks for the tag!

mu-yin jewelry said...

hello Abby!
haven't heard from you for a while so I tagged you ;)
Thanks for saving me the trouble to inform you about the tag--I just came here to read your stories!How easy is that!

wow, I never knew people actually live in a storage facility..Do you have weird people coming and going in the middle of the night? Have you ever had any customers storing dead bodies in their storage and never came back until the body smelled so bad and you had to call police?
hehe! just kidding.That IS a weird job. :)

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs