Posted by Abby on 3:23 PM

Hello, blogger friends!! It's been eons since my last post, and I just wanted to let you all know--I'm still here!!! My husband has been on vacation from work this week, and so I haven't had much free time to blog, or craft! We've been busy re-decorating, entertaining, and relaxing. It's been fantastic!! Here's a pic of my new living room...


The rug and sofa are both brand new---and you can barely see it in the corner of the picture, but we also bought this fantastic ottoman for extra seating. The lid flips up and you can store stuff inside it. Groovy!!! My husband has been enjoying testing the new furniture for the past few days. In all honesty, it is a dangerous place to sit. I was watching Oprah the other day whilst sitting upon my new sofa, and luckily, I woke up at the end credits!! LOL


I had a few little odds and ends I wanted to blog about today, so this blog won't be completely cohesive, but I have some catching up to do....so just stick with me!


First of all, I'm looking forward to having a brand spankin' new layout for Simply Charming in SC, thanks to Diana from Custom Blog Designs!!! I just loved my new button/banner she created for me a few weeks ago that I couldn't wait another week to order a fabulous makeover from my favorite new graphics designer. Seriously---if you're looking to make your blog, etsy or Artfire shop look amazing, go check out Diana's work. And stay tuned for a new updated, cohesive look---hopefully I'll have it all up and gorgeous next week!!!


I also wanted to let all my fellow etsians out there know that the ever-so-sweet Duni from Lovely Purses is having a celebratory giveaway, thanks to her 100th blog post! She's giving away the most adorable little gift bag to the winner, filled with some of her lovely handmade items! My favorite is this sweet little coin purse...I'm hoping it might be mine before too long!!




How absolutely adorable is that??? I already have plans for it, if I manage to win her giveaway!!! Visit her blog to find out all the ins and outs of the contest. And even if you don't enter, you should still follow Duni's blog---her work is always inspired, ultra-feminine, and she's really just the nicest person I've had the opportunity to "meet" in the blogosphere!!! Congrats on your continued success with your blog and shop, Duni!!!

Last but not least, one of my OTHER favorite gal pals in the blogosphere, Kat from Candles, Crafts and Whatnot, has given Simply Charming in SC another beautiful award!!! And truly, it could be my favorite I've received yet. It's called the "Let's Be Friends" award, and here's a little about what it means:


"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement (? big word, lol). Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

My dear, sweet Kat...thank you for thinking of ME when you passed along this award!!! I never intended on making so many new friends when I started my blog--I was honestly looking for yet another creative outlet. I've been so touched by the many wonderful people I've met through the blogosphere, and so I'm excited to share this friendship award with the following bloggers:

Duni from Lovely Purses (♥♥♥In case you missed her shop link before, here it is again!)
Kristen from My Art and the Mom in Me (♥♥♥I think I give her an award everytime I get one...but I just can't help it!! Her adorableness is addictive!!)
Sharla from Beaded Tail (♥♥♥I just love reading her blog everyday....and shhhhhhh.....she might have inspired me to start blog #3! Coming soon??? Perhaps???)
Crystal from Crystal Raen's Bloggy Things (♥♥♥My very first blogger friend, and another I always give the awards to!)
Diana from Custom Blog Designs (♥♥♥My first blogger friend turned customer turned soon-to-be blog makeover designer!! Diana rocks!)
Mollie from Mu-Yin Jewelry (♥♥♥I started following Mollie's blog because I was totally in awe of her gorgeous creations---now I read because she's so sweet and endearing! You have to go read her current blog!! So cute!)
Kat from My Girls and Me (♥♥♥Kat is a new blogger friend, and one who always leaves the sweetest comments! I look forward to getting to know her better in the future!)
Hazel from Nascarnana's Ramblings (♥♥♥ Hazel is a fellow SC Etsy Street Team member, and one I wanted to share this award with!)

Nothing makes me happier than sharing this award with just a few of my wonderful blogger friends!!! Have fun passing it along, ladies!!! (PS: I'm just noticing the lack of men on my blogs-I-follow list. Hmm...is there a gender issue here? I must search for some testosterone in the blogosphere!!!)

In the days to come, I've got a LOT of work to do....rebuilding my inventory after that last big sale (thanks to all who commented, by the way!), some new Sunchimes I need to finish, a close friend's very special necklace she's asked me to re-string, as well as getting my blog beautified!! So I'll expect you'll hear from me quite a bit in the next few days!!! I'm also still considering joining Twitter---it looks like about 60% of you who have voted so far say I should do it!!! So I'll keep you posted on what I decide to do with that!! Until next time, happy Saturday dear friends!! (Hope yours isn't as rainy as ours is here in SC today!)


Photobucket

6 comments:

BeadedTail said...

Lovely colors in your living room! That sofa does look mighty comfortable!

I entered Duni's giveaway too! Her work is beautiful!

Congratulations on your award and thank you for thinking of me! Mmm, 3rd blog huh? Would it be inspired by pets by chance? Now you have me very curious! Anyway, thanks again! I appreciate it!

Sharla

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

Thanks for the award!! I'm starting your design SOON!

mu-yin jewelry said...

Lovely new sofa and rug!I must tell you I love your wall tho..reminds me of holiday cottages/cabins.I want a house like that!
also, thank you for the friendship award! and I also want to let you know that I'm Not Dead either!just sick here..maybe I'll have Murphy do my next post again :)

Duni said...

WOW! What a beautiful post...and thanks for the sweet write-up about me/my blog AND the adorable award. I appreciate it sooo much ♥
You are certainly keeping busy, Abby! I can't wait to see your blog make-over.
Oooh, I'd love to sink my humble self into your new wonderful couch. I love it!

Kat said...

Thanks for the kind words and the award. I am also amazed at the friends that I'm making through blogging. It's been a wonderful suprise. The new couch looks so comfy and I like the colors that you've redecorated with. We did some reorganizing ourselves this weekend.

Crystal Raen said...

Aww, thank you so so much, and as soon as I get a little more settled (emotionally and physically) I will put it on my blog. Hope things are going well for you!

Lovin the new layout btw!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs