Posted by Abby on 4:35 PM

This post is going to be totally unconventional, not at all about crafting or etsy or jewelry, but highly entertaining. I promise. Just bear with me.

A boy's lifelong dream was realized today. My husband, Brian, has wanted an Alienware computer since...well, since they came into existence. For those who might not know, Alienware is an offshoot of Dell, and they create uber-computers for the gamers in the world. The Area 51,which is the model we ordered, has more memory than you can imagine, 2 graphics cards, 4 processors, 5 internal fans....and a lot more super-impressive computer stuff that I don't understand. Suffice it to say that, if your computer is a Lexus, this one is a Maserati.


When the UPS driver knocked on the door and said, "You might want to take a look at this box before you decide where you want it," I knew we were in for a treat. The box it came in took up half of my living room. Seriously.






I don't know how well you can see it, but there's a ghost of an alien head on the side of the box. When you're looking straight at it, it just looks like a big black box. When I took the picture I freaked out. "OH MY GOD!" I screamed. "There's an alien on the box!!!" Creepy. And yet, the beginning of a theme. There are little aliens everywhere---on the front of the computer, on the complimentary mouse pad...Brian even got a free hat. At any rate...when he saw the box, there was a prompt (and quite hilarious) spell we will call a "man-swoon."





I love that man.

He immediately started to unpack the thing--he'd spent all morning getting our desk "just so," cleaning out all the drawers and everything in anticipation of his new toy. When he pulled the PC out of the box, I thought he was joking. Using the adjective "big" just doesn't do this thing justice. Want proof? Look:






In the foreground---our old PC. Normal, run-of-the-mill, Compaq desktop PC. Behind it--Area 51. Even Scooter can't believe how big it is.



Anyone who's ever set up a new computer knows that it will prompt you to name it. Most people name it "Home Computer" or "Abby's Computer." Not us. We named ours Moya. Any Farscape fans out there?? Any at all???? For those unfamiliar, Farscape was a show on the Sci-Fi channel that we were absolutely addicted to. Get it? Sci-Fi...show about aliens....alienware....Moya was the Leviathan living ship on that show.

Sigh. I miss that show. Never seen it? Order it on Netflix. NOW. Seriously!!! :)

Photobucket

2 comments:

BeadedTail said...

Wow! Now that's some computer! Love how the kitties are checking it out! Your husband looks very pleased with your latest invasion!

mu-yin jewelry said...

wow!it's really huge..and I think I could see the alien on the box..freaky!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs