Posted by Abby on 2:33 PM

I am SO EXCITED!!!! My mail-lady delivered a very special package to me today----all the way from Germany!!! For those who might have missed it, I won a fan-TAS-tic prize in a contest hosted by Duni of Lovely Purses. I just love, love, love Duni's blog, and her hand-stitched, one-of-a-kind purses and accessories are just absolutely TO DIE FOR! Hers was one of the first blogs I started to follow when I first started blogging last year, so when I found out she was having a contest to win some of her fantastic work, I immediately entered!! And I was THRILLED to find out that I won!!! So for a little over a week now, I've been waiting with baited breath, running to the mailbox in anticipation of my prize. And it arrived....TODAY!!!



***Warning...be prepared for cheesy pictures to follow. I get WAY too excited sometimes, and goofy pictures of me are often the result. But I can't wait to show you the wonderful things that travelled across the ocean, just for little old me!!!***


Here's my lovely package!!! If you look closely you'll see the sweet little stickers Duni attached to the front, to greet me with friendliness before I even opened the envelope!!


Yes, I know, I'm about 2 days late for the green...forgive me. Here's me with my prizes, and a lovely note from Duni!!


EXTREME CLOSE-UP!!! I was expecting Duni's work to be pretty, but each item is so sweetly detailed! I loved the little button attached to the sleep mask's case, shown above, that reads Made with Love! There's also a little tag inside the change purse that reads "Dunibagz." So sweet!!

OH yeah...this sleep mask is TOTALLY making the trip to Kansas with me next weekend! I'll definitely be on the airplane long enough to need a nap!!!



Another adorable detail...look at this sweet little birdie snap on the change purse!!! TOO cute!

When I first saw the pictures of the prizes, I was immediately drawn to the change purse, and I was NOT disappointed!!!!!!! I love it!!



The last little prize was tucked inside the change purse---a sweet little hairbow!!! (Please try and ignore the fact that the pretty pink hairbow clashes horribly with my lime green shirt and matching earrings LOL) I don't quite have enough hair to pull this look off...but I'm definitely going to hang onto this little beauty, in hopes that one day, I'll have a beautiful little girl who can wear it all the time!!


Thank you SO MUCH Duni for these wonderful gifts!! But I have to say--the true gift is getting to know you, and becoming your blogger friend!!!


Happy Thursday, everyone! Big ol' hugs from,

8 comments:

Duni said...

Abby!!!
I am so glad and relieved the package arrived (if somewhat battered)
THANK YOU for this amazing, heartwarming, totally awesome post!
It really shows what a special, generous, outgoing and fun-loving kinda gal you are! LOVE the pics, especially the one where you are holding the coinpurse near your pretty face. You have a very beautiful smile.

BIG HUG,

Duni

CurlyfrySC's Collage said...

hehe It's fun to be a girl, isn't it?! That hair barrette is so cute on your short hair!

KAT said...

Congrats again for winning the contest, and I love all your little goodies!!

I love the coin purse with the birdie snap too!! How cute!!

And no need to worry, the pics weren't cheesy!! lol

Have fun and take care,
Kat

cherscrap23 said...

Congrats! Those items are great, I just love Duni's creations!

KAT said...

me again....lol

And I love your lime green shirt and earrings...
But, I wanted to let you know that
I have left you an award over at my blog... :)

Take care,
Kat

pam said...

How pretty! Enjoy your great win.

Kristin at My Art and the Mom in Me said...

Abby,
Thanks so much for trying to, ahem, rather forcefully, drag me from my kind of down mood..LOL. Your comments made me want to straighten up and snap out of it!! LOL
I am working on it. I am just kind of in a funk. hmmmph.
But you are darling..You really are. I appreciate you.

=)

And.. How AWESOME is Duni???!! I am so jealous of all of your new goodies! Duni is so talented!!
And I love all the pics!! You are so adorable!!

BeadedTail said...

What a wonderful prize from Duni! They are so pretty and feminine! By the way, have my in my home state - Kansas!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs