Posted by Abby on 10:20 AM

Hi everyone!! It's been a long time since my last post, but believe me, I have a reason!!! If you haven't read all about it on my other blog, The FatKat Kronicles, I'm going on a trip this weekend! My dear and longtime friend, Trish, is marrying her high school sweetheart, Drew, in Kansas this weekend!!! And I had the honor of being asked by the bride to write something to read during her ceremony!!



This is a picture taken at my own wedding, in September of 2004, of Trish and Drew together. Trish was my maid of honor, and although Drew was only meant to be her "plus-one," he turned out to be an invaluable asset!! He helped move our wedding site when the tide got too high, and he also volunteered to be an unofficial "usher," and helped some of our older guests get down the beach to their seats!



Trish and I met when I moved to Pawleys Island in 1993. We were 12 years old, in the seventh grade, and both fancied ourselves as writers. We used to sit in class and pass notes back and forth to each other, filled with teen-angst filled poetry we'd written. We were fast friends. We really grew up together---from first boyfriends, to first kisses, to first Proms, to first heartaches, to first hangovers----Trish and I experienced it all together. Even when she went to Clemson, and I went to Appalachian, we still stayed in touch, visiting each other as often as we could, chatting online, talking on the phone. Trish was my first high school friend to meet my husband, Brian.



Trish and Drew met the summer before our junior year of high school. He went to a different school than us, so, naturally, we were all a bit wary at first. But he treated her like gold, and none of us were surprised when she opted to go to his senior prom over ours in 1999. But the truly amazing thing is that they survived a long-distance relationship for 4 years of college, and another year after Trish graduated and moved away for a job opportunity in Kansas!! That is true love, if there ever was such a thing!!



So naturally, I'm thrilled that the two of them are finally getting married. It's been a long time coming (almost 11 years, to be exact), that's for sure! Our other long-time pal, Becca, is going to be my "plus one," and we're sure to have a fantastic time! I'll be gone until Sunday, but I promise to catch everyone up, and to have some photos of the festivities to share!



Hugs!





PS: I forgot to mention: Trish is the one who introduced me to Etsy, too!!! You should check out her shop, tiny baubles!! I bought these fantastic earrings from her, and wear them all time!!!

3 comments:

Kristin at My Art and the Mom in Me said...

Trish and Drew look like such the adorable couple!! I am sure you will have TONS of fun and I can't wait to hear about it! Safe travels, my friend!

I also got my Irish Charms earrings in the mail today.. and Abby, I LOVE them! Visit me at my blog when you get home to see the post about it! I also gave you some advertising on my Facebook page! :)

Yay!!

pam said...

Have a wonderful time at the wedding!

BeadedTail said...

What a wonderful love story and and also such a great story of true friendship! Wishing them a lifetime of happiness! Enjoy the wedding!

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs