Posted by Abby on 7:10 PM

I absolutely cannot believe it's been almost a week since my last post on this blog!!! There's been so much going on in my life that my crafting habit has sort of been on hold. But I've been squeezing in what I can in what little free time I've been granted over the last week, and I have a few pairs of earrings I'd like to share with you! These were created to sell at my upcoming jewelry party. I still don't have all the details hammered out yet (as in, the date, the time, etc.) She's basically waiting on me to round out my inventory!! So....here's what I've come up with in the past few days.


(**Please forgive the quality of the pictures---they are certainly not Etsy-approved! I didn't want to take the time to set up the light box to take pictures of earrings I most likely won't sell online, but wanted to share my work with you anyway!!)




The focal beads of this pair are this great pink and black dichrotic glass. I LOVE the funky design. It reminds me of an outfit I had as a kid in the 80s! Super cute, super casual, and great for everyday wear!!






When I saw these gorgeous turquoise glass pendant-sized beads, I immediately thought of summer, the beach, and surfboards! Each one is carefully wire-wrapped and finished with a sweet little curlique. I love these, they're so summery!!!!








These might be my favorite. I stumbled into a new bead store the other day that didn't really have much that excited me. EXCEPT this blue African Sodalite. I just love, love, love these beads!! They're so earthy. They remind me of the shallow water of a pond, with the greens and browns swirled in. LOVE these. Wish I'd bought enough to make myself a pair!




Ok, I lied. These might be my favorites. These dangly earrings are created using these delicious & funky pieces of candy jade. These colors are GORGEOUS---teal and lime green and turquoise. It's like looking out over a tropical sea. They make me want to take a vacation somewhere with white sand, cool breezes, and pretty pink drinks with tiny umbrellas.


So THAT'S what I've been working on. I'm sorry to have been so neglectful with this blog!! We have a huge summer planned, with several visitors planned, as well as a short trip over July 4. I'm not sure when I'll be able to start posting on Etsy again, but I hope it's soon! Until then, I hope you'll enjoy the little bit of eye-candy I was able to post tonight, and let me know what you think!! Till next time, big hugs from,


5 comments:

BeadedTail said...

Oooo, they are all so pretty! I, too, love African Sodalite and have made pendants with them. Your wire wrapping on the turquoise earrings is wonderful!

Kristin at My Art and the Mom in Me said...

"Curlique" that is my new favorite word!! I love it! :)

They are all lovely pieces, I have no doubt they will sell quickly! :)

uniquecommodities said...

I made a pair just like your first pair! They are gorgeous! I also live n SC~

KAT said...

Love these new additions!! You do such nice work Abby!

My fav is the teal and lime green. Those are loverly!!

Oh, and I have given you an award over at my blog...Congrats!!

Kat said...

These are beautiful! The first ones are my favorite.

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs