Posted by Abby on 1:20 PM

I've SO been neglecting to post a few fantastic awards I recently received from my sweet pal Kat from Candles, Crafts and Whatnot. Not only is Kat a fantastic blogger, but she's turned out to be one of the best blogosphere pals a gal can have. She always seems to think of me and my little blog whenever she hands out these awards. And I'm SO grateful she thinks so much of me and my hobby! :) Thanks Kat!!!!

The first award is the "Over the Top" Award:



That's right, Kat thinks this blog is Over the Top!!! Now I'll admit, I have a propensity for the flamboyant, but Kat? LOL :0) Anyway, according to the rules Kat posted on her blog, to receive this award "your blog must be exceptional in design and content; presenting us with new knowledge, a sense of style, or at times just giving us a smile! Each recipient of the award will acknowledge the person who honored them with the award and then go to http://overthetopaprons.blogspot.com to copy/paste the award : Your Blog is Over The Top. (located on the right sidebar, scroll down)



Fantastic!! A few blogs I think are Over the Top are:
Kristin and My Art and the Mom in Me
Diana and Diana Rambles
Duni and Lovely Purses
You gals always make me smile!! I think that fits the criteria for this award quite nicely!



The second award I got from Kat almost made me shoot milk out of my nose I laughed so hard when I read about it. It's called the Zombie Chicken Award...that's right, I said zombie chickens.

"The blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the zombie chicken - excellence, grace and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their inspiring words. As a recipient of this world-renowned award, you now have the task of passing it on to at least 5 other worthy bloggers. Do not risk the wrath of the zombie chickens by choosing unwisely or not choosing at all…"



Ok, so, you can't read those rules and not think they're hysterical. Am I right?? I KNOW it says 5 blogs, but there are only 4 I'm going to mention here. The four blogs I'm choosing to honor with this prestigious award are a few that I read, religiously, every single day. Why? Because they post (almost) EVERY SINGLE DAY! Seriously?!?? That's dedication, people. There are days when I want to post but can't think of anything remotely relevant, or even INTERESTING!! You'll also notice a trend with these particular blogs....they're all authored by some of my favorite furry blogosphere friends.

Angel, Isabella and Sadie from The BeadedTail
Franklin, Dobby and Tasha from Mishkat
Samson and Delilah from The Monkeys
Jane and Alice from the Casbah Kitten

These four blogs are among a handful that I read anytime there's a new post. They're just that good. And Scooter (my cat who authors FatKat Kronicles) loves them, too!

So....general thoughts. I got a lot of great feedback regarding my BOGO sale in my Etsy shop...I wrote all about it in this blog the other day. My only thought----PROMOTE SALES! I know I'm not the only one sitting on the same inventory from 2 months ago. Seriously. I just can't seem to sell anything ANYWHERE online. And it's frustrating. And if I'm being honest, it's sort of given me jewelry-design block. I just can't seem to come up with any designs that I love!! I'll build something, tear it apart, try it again, tear it apart again...this whole etsy (and artfire) slump are killing my creativity. It's frustrating! And I seriously thought by having a HUGE blowout sale, I'd have made atleast ONE sale by now. Nada. Nothing. Despite the Tweets and the Facebook advertising and the blogging and the posting on the Etsy forums....Zilch.

So...since I'm not making any money on Etsy, I'm thinking I might just try and figure out a way to make money blogging here instead. My father-in-law, who I mentioned is coming to visit in June in an earlier post, is a blog/money-making genius. He's been authoring the same blog, The Lucky Puppy , for several years and has managed to actually turn it into a business. (Full disclosure: The Lucky Puppy is an adult blog...with curse words and political arguments and adult-themed humor! Just so you know before you click, in case kids are in the room!) At any rate, I'm going to reach out to him for some help figuring out how to better advertise and promote my blog, in hopes that as I'm doing so, I'll find new readers AND new potential customers, all in one fell swoop. I really thought Entrecard would help me do that without having to SPEND any money, but we've all seen where that trip went. (Down the rabbit hole, so to speak...) So...stay tuned for some changes!

Have a fabulous day, folks! And enjoy your awards, whether cute or chicken-y!!!


8 comments:

BeadedTail said...

Congratulations on your awards! Thank you so much for thinking of me and for the kind things you said! I'm glad that you and Scooter enjoy our blog!

Etsy sales are really slow now but hopefully they will start picking up soon. Best of luck to you!

The Monkeys said...

Congratulations on your award!

Thanks Abby (and Scooter!) for passing the award along to us, we are honored to receive the uh, Zombie Chicken award!

Samson and Delilah
xoxo

KAT said...

Hey, congrats on your awards, and the linky love and sweet comments are really loved!! Thanks!

And I know....didn't you get a hoot out of the zombie chickens?? The one on the right looks all deformed and stuff...I mean, look at his neck...ewww!

Have fun and Take care,
Kat

Mishkat said...

Thank you so much, Abby! I really like the Zombie Chicken award and have been hoping someone would award it to me (not kidding!) And thanks so much for the nice things you said about our blog.

P.S. Coincidentally, I'm probably going to have to take a blogger break this weekend :) - my house is a mess, and I'd like to dig some of the weeds out of my garden if it ever stops raining here.

Duni said...

Oh!!! Thanks, Abby, for considering my little old blog 'over the top'. I'm totally honoured! You've instantly brightened my day :)
It's pouring down with rain over here; all dark and gloomy.
Aren't you lucky to have such a clever FIL. Care to share some tips when you've got the hang of it? Just asking :)

HUGS,

Duni

the casbah kitten/inside the casbah said...

Congrats to you on your awards!! I have to say that, following your example, I almost snorted tea out my nose at the zombie chicken award!! Thanks so much for passing it along!! We'll treasure it! We love Scooters blog too, he's SSOO funny!

Rita & the girls

Mishkat said...

P.S. Abby, I forgot to say that Sharla/BeadedTail has been my role model for blogging. I still am amazed at her ability to post every single day, even during tax season! She kindly gave me her tips on doing this - writing posts in advance and using auto-publish, and theme days (for example, Wordless Wednesday!)

ric said...

情趣,情趣用品,情趣,A片下載,成人影城,愛情公寓,情色貼圖,情色,色情網站,色情遊戲,色情小說,情色文學,色情,aio交友愛情館,色情影片,臺灣情色網,寄情築園小遊戲,情色論壇,嘟嘟情人色網,情色視訊,愛情小說,言情小說,一葉情貼圖片區,情趣用品,情趣,色情漫畫,情色網,情色a片,情色遊戲,85cc成人片,嘟嘟成人網,成人網站,18成人,成人影片,成人交友網,成人貼圖,成人圖片區,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人光碟,微風成人區,免費成人影片,成人漫畫,成人文學,成人遊戲,成人電影,成人論壇,成人,做愛,aio,情色小說,ut聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,哈啦聊天室,視訊聊天,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,6k聊天室,視訊聊天室,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,免費視訊,視訊交友,視訊美女,視訊做愛,正妹牆,美女交友,玩美女人,美女,美女寫真,美女遊戲,hi5,hilive,hi5 tv,a383,微風論壇,微風,伊莉

 

Design by Custom Blog Designs